It only takes a 10th of a second for someone to judge you, your website, your product. In this day and age, people do judge a book by its cover.
Today more than ever having a professional headshot is almost expected. Remember this is the first point of contact for your customers and presenting yourself in your best light is so vital.
Take this example, when your customer searches for your product they always have multiple options of where they can get this from. The customer looks at their options:
Options 1 – lovely product great site, but no image of the person they are buying from.
Option 2 – Great site and products once again, but the image is a cutout of the person from a wedding, a bit blurry and a bit grainy.
Option 3 – Your site, you offer the same as the previous two, but you have an inviting, welcoming, professional image of yourself.
Where do you think the customer is going to feel their money is best spent. If you show commitment in creating an inviting welcoming image of yourself, then this is going to translate to your brand and in turn your product.
A professional photographer can help you with more than just taking the photo. We can help with wardrobe advice, location, and how to pose.
I want to take the traditional headshot and refresh it by having something that is fresh and exciting.
Here are some of my tips as to why I believe you should have a professional headshot.
- Professionalism – Firstly, this is the first point of contact for some of your customers and it gives you the look of someone that is professional. This is a great starting point for new potential customers.
2. Personality – Show it off! This is a great way to show off your personality, headshots are about showing you to your client, they don’t have to be very serious images. They need to be what you need them to be.
3. Confidence – I really don’t like having my photo taken, as with most photographers it’s just not our thing. But since having my photo taken and posted on my website definitely has boosted my confidence about who I am and what I can achieve. I am proud to show it off
4. Stand out above the Rest! – When you look through LinkedIn and you can see everyone’s images, having a professional headshot is going to make you stand out above the rest. People are drawn to the images that look the best, and that’s just what we want for you.
5. Branding – You will have heard about branding when we talk about large businesses, but this is the same for all businesses. If you are a small business or large you need to think of your branding, tying this into your headshot can be a great way of bringing everything together. I love nothing better than clicking on the about me page and actually seeing the person behind the brand.
.Paul Warren (@paulwarrenphotography) • Instagram photos and videos
Maple & Fleur Commercial | Facebook